Association grants are available to members through the NEA National Foundation for the Improvements of Education (NFIE) or (NEA Foundation).
NEA Foundation for the Improvement of Education Grants awarded in several categories of competition, and Tennessee's teachers have been tremendously successful winners. The NEA Foundation funds hundreds of these grants ($2,000-$5,000) to support great ideas. Grant amounts are usually $2,000 or $5,000 per project.
- Innovation Grants fund project-based learning that significantly improves achievement for under-served students.
- Learning & Leadership Grants provide opportunities to engage in high-quality professional development andby Awarded lead colleagues in professional growth. Grants are available for all subjects including the arts, literacy, science, and technology.
Applications are welcome any time and awarded as outlined below. (Teachers and staff with less than 7 years of experience are particularly encouraged to apply.) Learn more...
Application RECEIVED by
Other Grant Resources:
Check out the organizations and Web sites below for available grants and both general and "how to" info:
- Charity Navigator -- This Web site rates charities by evaluating two broad areas of financial health: organizational efficiency and organizational capacity. The ratings can help donors and recipients determine how well various charities make use of grant funds.
- Foundation Center -- The center maintains a comprehensive database of U.S. grant makers, connects nonprofits and grant makers, and offers support to both. It operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance philanthropy at every level.
- Grants Alert -- This Web site provides resources to help educational entities identify funding opportunities for schools, districts, consortia, and state education agencies.
- Grants.gov -- This source is valuable for finding, researching, and applying for more than $400 billion in U.S. federal government grants.
- NASCO -- The National Association of State Charity Officials is the association of state offices charged with oversight of charitable organizations in the United States.
- Public Education Network (PEN) -- weekly listing of available grants