- Sample Script
- Fact Sheet
Hello, Rep./Senator ____. My name is ____. I am your constituent and a/an (educator, parent, student, etc.).
I'm asking that you stand strong for students, educators and public schools and OPPOSE private school vouchers in ANY form, including the education savings account proposal.
Education Savings Account voucher programs in other states have been proven to hurt student learning and waste taxpayer money because hundreds of millions of dollars are diverted to unaccountable private schools while public schools - and the children that attend them, suffer.
[share why protecting public school funding from being diverted to unaccountable, private schools is important to you personally]
Can I count on you to stand with your educators, parents and students back home, and vote NO on education savings accounts and vouchers?
- Give your name, let them know you're a constituent
- Let them know you're calling to ask that they vote NO on VOUCHERS
- Share why public schools, and protecting funding for public schools is important to you personally
- Ask if you can count on them to vote NO, why or why not. (take notes)
- Share what you learn with us!
Learn more here: