Early career educators (in the profession for 5yrs or less) are invited to attend TEA's New Teacher Retreat. Earn 6.5 credits of professional development while strengthening your practice to enhance your success as a teacher. Most sessions will also include important information about the new federal Every Student Succeeds Act and how it will impact your classroom.
The 2017 retreat will be held at the beautiful Scarritt Bennett Center in Nashville and will include the following sessions:
- Mindful teaching: Using mindfulness as a tool for classroom management and to enhance student performance
- Creating positive partnerships with parents and community groups
- Understanding the evaluation process
- Tools for professional growth and research
- Professionalism: Your legal responsibilities as an educator and how to avoid costly mistakes
- Looking to the future: Degree advancement and avoiding debt
The New Teacher Retreat is open to early career educators statewide who have been in the profession for five years or less.
Scarritt Bennett Center
1008 19th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37212
Registration is closed.
TEA members may register at a discounted rate of $50. Potential members may register at the full-price of $250.
Registration fee includes two nights at the Scarritt Bennett Center. Accommodations are "suite style," with two single occupancy rooms sharing one bathroom.